- Vacancy Number : AISS-FD-001-18
- Functional Area : Financial, Human Resources and Administrative management
- Organization : Afghan Institute for Strategic Studies (AISS)
- Job Location : Kabul-Afghanistan
- Contract Type : Permanent
- Contract Duration : One Year (extendable)
- Salary : As per company’s salary scale
- Education : University degree in Economics, Business Administration or other related fields
- Experiences : 4-6 Years
- Announcing Date : 05 June 2018
- Closing Date : 2018-06-30
The Finance and Administration Officer is expected to drive best practices in financial management, human resources management and administrative management within the organization to maximize efficiency and growth. She/he will manage a team of 5 people and oversee financial management, donors’ relations, administration, human resources and compliance activities.
- Establish control for the prevention of waste, fraud, and mismanagement
- Processing all financial transaction and operation in Financial Accounting System including staff and vender payment voucher, receipt vouchers, journal vouchers
- Maintain up-to-date bookkeeping of daily expenses
- Perform monthly bank and cash reconciliations and prepare monthly expense reports
- Ensure data is entered and transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Ensure on time payment of all approved expenses and invoices
- Prepare monthly fund requests, ensuring they are accurate, and complete
- Manage and track petty cash account
- Maintain close coordination with all senior staff on financial matters and advise them, as appropriate, on matters requiring their attention. Support staff with budget management
- Ensure proper management of files, including all financial reports, fund requests and other finance documentation
- Maintain clear records of monthly cashbook and bankbook balance
- Ensure that all accounting is done as per the rules and have them ready for audit purposes
- Assist in preparation of reports as required by the Ministry of the Economy and Ministry of Finance
- Provide complete report (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually) on AISS’ related activities to the Senior Management
Qualification And Requirements
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration or other related fields.
- Four to Six years’ experience in the field of office administration with knowledge of (Quick Books) accounting software
- This position requires self-initiative and the ability to work under pressure while being extremely detail-oriented
- Good in oral and written English and local languages.
- Proven experience as a team player
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports
- Proficient in computer applications (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proven experience in logistical procedures
- High level of precision and managing complex processes with excellent results
- Ability and willingness to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team
- Resilient to high workload and ability to work independently and under time pressure
Each application must contain an updated CV and a covering letter which should include why you think you are suitable for this position. Kindly ensure that you meet all requirements before applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 June 2018